Wednesday, September 22, 2010

And It Begins...




Well, today is the day. My last day at work and my first day of a five week road trip. Sure, we're only going to NJ to see Amanda's family, which is boring as road trips go, but you have to start somewhere.

Speaking of starting somewhere, a little intro for the uninitiated: I'm Ryan. My wife is Amanda. We both quit our jobs. We're traveling all over the country in my leased Mercury Mariner for the next five weeks. Once the five weeks is up, I hand in said Mercury Mariner.

The trip will take us from Providence, to Portland, to San Diego to Atlanta and back, with all kinds of stops in between. We're going to see all sorts of weird stuff, eat at all kinds of restaurants/diners and stay in all types of places. It's probably going to be awesome and is likely going to be better than sitting at my desk for the next five weeks working.

I guess the main theme of the trip is eating. I want to gain ten pounds (which is difficult for me, as I'm really very skinny) eating ribs and tacos and crab legs and cheeseburgers and hot dogs and steak and etc. Basically, if an area of the country is known for some type of food, I'm going to eat the crap out of it. Then likely request seconds.

During the trip, we'll be filming, taking pictures and updating web logs (with many asides and much sarcasm). My wife's is here. I also have another, house flipping related blog, here.

Please enjoy living vicariously through us for the next five weeks.

Also, please enjoy this:

1 comment:

  1. Have a safe trip, glad you are blogging it. And good luck on the gaining of weight...I've given up.

    ReplyDelete