Saturday, September 25, 2010

So Long New Jersey

I know I promised a new post yesterday. I am a jerk.

As I explained in that last post, we stayed at Amanda’s sister’s family’s house.

*Aside*: I love when I get to use multiple possessive words in a row. I try to get long strings of them together in my spare time. I am not joking. *Aside Over*

After a day of not much of anything (lunch with Amanda’s completely insane family elders), diner rolled around. Mother Effword taco night Beeword.

Note: Instead of typing a swear word on this blog, I will use a replacement word in red text.

Road Trip NJ 014 Resized Road Trip NJ 015 Resized

I ate six of them. once finished, it was time for what i think was Matt’s (Amanda’s nephew) eight or ninth birthday candle blowing:

Road Trip NJ 017 Resized Road Trip NJ 016 Resized

Success.

Once finished up, we settled in for a game night. The game of choice? Bezzerwizzer. It’s basically a trivia game. It’s a pretty good one. I say that not only because it was a pretty fun game, but also because Amanda and I killed everyone in it twice in a row. This was taken before everyone realized that it was no use even playing against us:

Road Trip NJ 020 Resized

We win.

Oh, and it was also a fun game because it brought out Amanda’s oft hidden (and frequently denied) competitive side. She basically freaked out and knocked everything over in a fit of competitive excitement.

After the games, we went to bed. I once again slept in a bed made for a female child. It was great. No it wasn’t. What is great, however, is once again waking up to some hilarious DVD led exercises. Everyone hates them. This is part of the Ab Ripper. Ridiculous:

Road Trip NJ 021 Resized

Once everyone had finished torturing themselves on purpose, we finally got around to canceling out all of that exercise at a local diner:

Road Trip NJ 023 Resized

While it looks like most other diners, I was slightly dismayed to learn that this may, in fact, be the last one of its kind. If the sign isn’t lying to us (and really when do signs actually lie?) this is the final diner we will, um, dine in, during our trip. What a bummer.

Road Trip NJ 022 Resized

Apparently, in order to enjoy greasy mounds of breakfast and pie, we need to swing by Latin America or Canada on our trip, as this is apparently the last one in America. Crap.

Disappointment aside, I ordered some food and ate the hell out of it:

Road Trip NJ 024 Resized

It was standard diner fare. No surprises, other than the size of the sausage links.

Directly after breakfast, we headed to a little slice of heaven. For Matt’s birthday (which I mentioned above), we went to a warehouse filled with inflatable obstacles. Basically, a bunch of bouncy castles, slides, climbing walls and etc to play in for an hour or so. I removed my shoes and entered the playground under the guise of helping the much smaller and less athletic Matthew and Jake (his brother) climb things. Really, I just wanted to jump around and slide down things. here I am keeping my cover as a helper:

Road Trip NJ 025 Resized

And here I am abandoning the guise as soon as possible:

Road Trip NJ 026 Resized

As you can see, these places were not made for folks who can’t fit in a twin bed for children, but somehow I soldiered on:

Road Trip NJ 027 Resized

After a little while, Amanda and her sister Emily decided to get in on the “helping” with a weird toboggan style slide technique:

Road Trip NJ 028 Resized

They both really enjoyed it:

Road Trip NJ 030 Resized

If there’s one thing in life I’ve learned, it’s that the the person who had the most fun is likely the person with the most injuries when the fun is over. If that is the case, then I killed everyone at having fun. How can one possible get injured in a warehouse full of inflatables? Mat burn. It is all over me. Here’s the first one I got (which looks much worse/better now):

Road Trip NJ 029 Resized

I also got one on each elbow, one on my ankle bone an a slight burn on my adam’s apple. I am not joking. Head first is dangerous

After that, we packed up, said our goodbyes and headed to Amanda’s friend’s house.

Road Trip NJ 031 Resized

We were molested by their puppy and took the tour. We chatted a bit and headed to Philadelphia.

End of New Jersey. Until a few weeks from now when we’re back in New Jersey.

1 comment:

  1. We'll have the N-Strike game beta ready for you to review by the time you hit the midwest. Make sure you have a fast connection.

    ReplyDelete